Appetizers | Salads | Vegetables | Meats | Desserts | Breads | Index | Home
Southern Pecan Pie From: Jackie Petty
1 Cup sugar
1 cup light corn syrup
½ tablespoon of flour
1 teaspoon vanilla
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ cup butter melted
2 cups of pecans
Use one deep dish unbaked pie
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Beat eggs add sugar, syrup, flour, salt and vanilla, beat well
Stir in butter and Pecans.
Pore into shell.
Bake for 60 minutes till middle filling is set.
Cool before serving.
New York Style Southern Pecan Pie From: Jackie Petty
2 - 3oz packages of
Softened Cream Cheese
1/4 Cup Sugar
2 tsp of Vanilla
1/4 tsp of salt
1 - 9 inch Pie Shell
1 1/4 cups of Chopped Pecans
3/4 cup of Corn Syrup
3 Tbsp Sugar
3Tbsp Melted Margerine
1. Beat cream cheese till smooth. Add sugar, 1 egg, 1 tsp vanilla and salt. Beat just ill combined. Spread this in pie shell bottom, sprinkle pecans over this.
2. Lightly beat 3 eggs. Stir in corn syrup, sugar, margarine, 1 tsp vanilla.
3. Put partially filled pie on a baking sheet on the oven rack. Pour syrup mix over pecans. Cover edge with foil or pie edge protectors.
4. Bake at 375 degrees for 20 minutes. Remove foil.
5. Bake for 15-20 minutes till knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Cool then refrigerate to store
Sillabub : These 2 recipes were found on the internet. This was a food item that was served at the wedding of Rosa Carmichael and JR Carmichael Sr.
Sillabub Recipe 2
In a food processor mix together sugar, sherry, brandy, grated lemon rind and vanilla. Process until sugar dissolves.
Add heavy cream. Beat until mixture thickens. Pour into glasses and chill in refrigerator for 3 - 4 hours.